transmission of information is important, so I write this.
In order to manage my and your time effectively, I wrote down some information divided into thematic points
about how to start working with me, how it works and how I perform.
Since I work normally remote, I also arrange cooperation remotely.
E-mail is an excellent way to get basic information.
Details and questions can be clarified by phone or video call.
Personal meeting can be postponed until later and spend it peacefully during lunch or already personal consultation calmly while walking in nature.
- Who is leading the project?
- How is the project managed? Are you following a methodology?
- Do you have a management application for task?
- How do you handle project versioning?
- How is the project tested?
- Do you have a test / development environment?
- How many other people are working on the project?
- Is the documentation exist?
- Who can I ask for questions?
- What technologies are used? And in what versions?
- How are you in a hurry?
- What do you prefer: Price vs. quality vs. speed?
- Where are you from? What country are you from?
- Are you a self-employed or a business ,how big?
- Billing Details.
- What is your business?
- Personal interests?
- What do you want to help?
- What can you do?
- What do you want to do?
- What are you looking for?
- What do you offer?
And here are information about me and my IT services offer as a standard package .
I work in day and night at night. (timezone Europe/Prague)
Yes, I am signing a confidentiality agreement.
I sign the contract for work only if:
- Exist detailed analysis done
- Exist design of application architecture and technology to implement
- The project must be based on similar projects, that I have already implemented.
How to get started
Ideal if there is someone who knows the project at least a little bit.
For new projects, must be analyzing the requirements and designing the application architecture.
For new projects, that must be conquered , will need more time for:
- Get Information
- Start the development environment and application
- Project cleanup
- Backup (server / application)
- Log collection, filtering, and checking
- Update: OS server, application libraries
On an existing project, it is ideal to start with smaller, clearly defined tasks.
Subsequently, it is necessary to catch up with the technological debt and move the project forward.
During long-term cooperation
During the cooperation you can expect:
- Suggestions for improvement
- Technology updates and upgrades
- Primary communication technology: email or ticketing system.
- Quick chat (paid).
- Emergency or pre-arranged: phone.
I usually charge work from hour.
For projects unknown to me, this is the only viable option for me, because the estimates for projects unknown to me have nothing to choose from.
Therefore, I do not appreciate only one-time work with server administration.
- Servers - precisely defined, repeatable tasks can be priced fixed
- Small adjustments, typically finding the state of something - a fixed-paid analysis, then suggest a solution and price.
- Software development: I make estimates of the details. Others by hour.
- One-off workshops without preparation: man-day
- Prepared training for a group of people: fixed (tailor-made training for an additional fee)
I invoice continuously. More often at the beginning, typically after completing a subtask.
50% advance payment for predefined larger tasks and the rest of the work and the final work handover.
Invoice maturity of 10 days.
In regular cooperation I invoice work after the end of the month.
Cancellation of work: in case of work not start, 50% of the amount can be returned.
In the case of urgent work, I deal with increasing the priority of check-in by 50% surcharge. Work on weekends and holidays 50% surcharge.
Bc. Josef Jebavý
registered in the trade register